ABOUT ST JOSEPH’S NUDGEE COLLEGE:
St Joseph’s Nudgee College is a Catholic Day and Boarding College in the Edmund Rice Tradition for boys in Years 5-12. The College caters for students from the local Brisbane area, regional and remote Queensland, interstate and overseas. We uphold the values of Edmund Rice Education Australia Colleges Ltd (EREA) in providing quality Catholic education to students.
Since its establishment in 1891, Nudgee College has developed a proud reputation as a school in which fine young boys grow and develop into outstanding young gentlemen. The College first and foremost educates young men and promotes their formation in Christian values and conscience. As members of an inclusive faith community, each of us strives to be a visible Sign of Faith, Signum Fidei. We engage in partnerships where each person is empowered and enriched. Our community enjoys and celebrates life with creativity and passion. We respect the dignity of the individual and value their story.
For further information about the College, please visit www.nudgee.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Dean of Operations, you will lead and manage the College’s finance and business strategic direction, operations and reporting functions. Reporting to the Principal and as an integral member of the College Leadership Team, this position provides a key advisory role in ensuring the College is achieving its financial and operational requirements against key performance indicators for a leading school in the 21st century.
The Dean of Operations provides key linkage between educational vision and the business functions of the College and creates new and improves existing business to maximise the facilities and assets of the College. There are a number of direct reports, each with a diverse and extensive portfolio of responsibilities, including Finance and Property & Services teams, as well as leading the Business Units (Nudgee Swim Club, Tuckshop, Locker Room and others).
- Financial management and reporting
- Business development
- Property management
- Strategic planning
- College operations
- Administration and communication
For full details of the role, please view the Position Description.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- Suitable, relevant qualifications of Bachelor level or higher (e.g. Business, Accounting)
- Chartered Accountant or CPA (preferred)
- Experience in responsibility for the financial management of a large-sized business
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis and presentation of financial data and making recommendations to Executives/Boards
- Demonstrated experience in tender development and assessment
- Demonstrated experience leading successful teams
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to relate to a variety of audiences
- Highly skilled operation of computerised accounting systems (i.e. creation of financial report formats)
- Understanding of and respect for goals/aims of Catholic education in the Edmund Rice tradition
- Proven ability to work in a confidential, collaborative and challenging leadership team environment
- Proven capacity to lead, motivate, inspire and train others
- Proven ability to plan strategically and communicate change management and reporting processes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, click ‘Apply for this job’ and follow the prompts.
To support your application, you will be required to provide a current CV and Cover Letter (2 pages max) highlighting your qualifications, experience and suitability for the role.
Please address applications to Peter Fullagar, College Principal.
For more information about this role or any general enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5 NOVEMBER 2023.
All applicants will be subject to EREA Colleges Ltd and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA Colleges Ltd’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
Evidence of a valid WWCC (Blue Card) clearance will be required prior to employment.
EREA Colleges Ltd is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
EREA Colleges Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.